Go to English Version

Introduction of Kinder Section


In accordance with Child Care Centres Regulations, Kinder Section was registered in 1981.


  • To provide out-of-home care for children aged 3 to 6 who are not adequately cared for by their families due to various family problems or crises.
  • To provide physical and medical care, arrange education services and designed balanced programmes, besides daily care, to foster the physical, intellectual, language, social and emotional development of children.
  • To provide social work services to meet individual needs and prepare children for home restoration or alternative placement.



Target Group

  • Age limit : 3 to 6
  • Children without severe emotional disturbance, severe behavioural problem, physical or mental handicap.

Service Content

  • The children to be arranged to settle in 3 dormitories.
  • Children to be arranged to study at the PLK day nursery/kindergarten at the HQs or other day nursery/kindergarten. Otherwise, to receive home schooling at the Kuk.
  • Social work services such as casework and group work to be conducted by registered social worker to enhance children’s personal growth.
  • Varied recreational activities to be provided at leisure while seasonal celebrating programmes to be implemented.
  • Three meals, refreshments and “night snacks” to be provided daily to meet the nutritional needs of the children.
  • On-site medical consultation to be provided by doctors regularly. Otherwise, medical consultations of nearby government clinics/private practitioners or A & E units of government hospitals to be arranged.


  • Free meals and lodging.
  • All parents / guardians to be required to pay for their children’s clothings, school fees and/or schooling expenses according to actual expenditure.
  • For ward cases of the Director of Social Welfare, the SWD to be responsible for the ward’s clothings, school fees and/or schooling expenses according to actual expenses.

Application of Service

Applications are referred by Social Welfare Department (SWD) or social service units of non-governmental organizations through SWD Central Referral System for Residential Child Care Services (CRSRC).

Termination of Service

  • Can be initiated by Home or service users.
  • There should be prior discussions between and together with referring worker on welfare plan. All parties are required to complete necessary formalities for formal discharge.